[OM] Re: OT Panoramic Photo

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Panoramic Photo
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:21:43 -0700

>Since I have a 720sw, found that it is capable of Panorama. Never tried it,
>though......

Fernando, I wouldn't bother with in-camera pano mode. Autostitch is easy
and gives better results. Best to set the camera to manual mode so all
exposures are at the same setting. However I used Auto Mode on the sp350
and the result was acceptable. Autostitch was able to blend pretty well.
If scanning slides convert to jpg's and reduce file sizes to something
your computer can manage in a reasonable time. Parameters can be set in
the Autostich options menu. This is the previously posted first attempt
at a stitch with the sp350. Obviously unaltered.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Turtleback/panoB.jpg>
I had better results later with the camera on a tripod and in the
portrait posistion. 1/3 overlap with each shot +/-.

mike