[OM] Re: OT Panoramic Photo.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Panoramic Photo.
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:40:16 +0100
* On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:46:04AM +0100, Piers Hemy said:

> I'll take the blame for recommending Autostitch, Paddy!

Aaah, thank you Piers. :)

> But my hat off to you for showing that a monochrome panorama is the
> workaround to the colour banding which is visible on this (also done with a
> telephoto): http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/BlackIsle/Jemimaville_pano.jpg

*nodsnods*

І think in this example it just felt better.

> As to getting it printed, I recommend you try www.ezprints.com - it takes a
> couple of weeks to ship over from US to UK, but they can print as wide as
> you want, either 6 inches or 12 inches high, at USD1.25/USD2.25 per 6 inch
> width + shipping

That's a perfect site.  Exactly what I was looking for.

> 18"x6" panorama cost me USD15.75 delivered to UK.  36"x6" would have cost
> USD19.

I've ordered this up.  I think it's 80 something x 6" at $29  Not exactly
expensive all things considered.  Especially with the USD the way it is for
us over here...

Thanks again!

p.

--
oOoOo    "Of course video games don't influence us, if they did    oOoOo
 oOoOo     we'd spend all our time in dark rooms listening to     oOoOo