[OM] RE : Re: This is Becoming a List About Politics Instead of Photogra

Subject: [OM] RE : Re: This is Becoming a List About Politics Instead of Photography... gone to photography and politics...
From: "stephan Van den Zegel" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:12:48 +0200
Would you believe that great photographers had political opinion(s)..?
For instance and concerning French photographers... Nadar and Henry
Cartier-Bresson were both related to the French anarchist movement,
Willy Ronis was more linked with the French Communist Party (and
therefore was using Foca tools...), Doisneau was also on the left of the
left...

Is there a connection between their works (the pictures), the equipment
they used (the tools and the techniques), and the ideas...

The old Olympus OM4 advertising said : "think first, then shoot " this
is highly political... indeed

(I'm not English speaking native, so you should make an effort and
understand the irony in my statement)

Stephan