[OM] [OT] Iowa Chickens Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] [OT] Iowa Chickens Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:13:36 -0700 (PDT)
Although there are many large egg operations in Iowa I assume you're talking
about the Golden Oval Eggs facility in Thompson?  I used to work for the
company that designed the computerized control system there (and for many of
the other large egg producers in Iowa and across the country).  If I remember
correctly they have somewhere around 5 million hens there. They had just
started building at that site when I left the company in Jan, 2000 so i've
never been to that one but i've spent lots of time at many egg farms across
Iowa (Estherville, Sibley, Sioux Center, Atlantic, Guthrie Center, Stuart,
Dallas Center, Newton, Grinnell, Fremont, and more).

-Steve