[OM] Re: Interesting Look at the Fuji Pro S5

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting Look at the Fuji Pro S5
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:30:49 +1000
He's spot on - I like his comments on Fuji's approach to colour.
I didn't have his exposure problems. I did find that the beta version
of Camera Raw opened the files - didn't try Lightroom - but ACR
choked after a while when downloading a large batch.
A did a test shot of a sculpture which had black areas in shadow and
polished metal areas in sunlight. The detail was there in the shadow
and the highlight hardly blew out at all - quite remarkable.
He's right about the speed - it's very slow compared to the D200 -
very. The files are huge.
It really breaks all the rules. The colour isn't 'right' but it's
wrong in a brilliant way. The sensor is really only 6mp but looks
better than any 10mp I'vce seen. The resolution is worse than a D200
or 5D but you don't care because the rendition is so good. You just
LIKE the images on sight.
I'm going to miss it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx