[OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 19:14:10 -0700
> From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Thanks for explaining gamma as an exponent.

You're welcome!

> For as many things that I've read about gamma I've never seen that
> before.

Probably because the publishers of books on photography are allergic
to any math that can't be done on calculators that they give away
free when you open a bank account. Given all the books with titles
that include the words "For Idiots," it doesn't surprise me.

:::: God told me to strike at Al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he  instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did. With the might of
God on our side we will triumph. -- George W. Bush
:::: I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator. -- Adolf Hitler
:::: Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. --
Dr. Martin Luther King
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>