[OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality pro

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Rehashing the American Civil War (was "E-series quality problems")
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:23:30 -0400
Ain't it the truth! I had kin who fought in the South Carolina
militia during the Revolution, and I must admit it's nice they were
on the "right" side. But that said, the Revolution in my neck of the
woods was like the later Civil War--brutish, nasty and without much
in the way of justice. I believe it was when I started studying these
aspects of both the Revolution and the Civil War that some of the
glitter fell away from the traditional histories and I saw these wars
for what they were. And so now I have to say what while I'm right
pleased with the contributions the U.S. has made to the world, I'm
not sure they couldn't just as easily have been made as a member of
the Commonwealth, without the need for a war of rebellion.

Well, maybe not. Our troops in World War II would have been under
Monty's command. No offense to our British friends on the list, but
I'm not sure that would have worked out. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com