[OM] Re: OT The Civil War (Was: E-series quality problems)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT The Civil War (Was: E-series quality problems)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:45:24 +0000
The war wasn't really about slavery; it was about state's rights. The "slavery
cause" was cooked up in later years by certain groups I won't name. If it had
been truly about slavery, then why did Lincon wait two years into the war to
make his "emancipation proclamation" to free them?

History gets written, and twisted, by the winners. Like I said before, I've got
60-something books about the Civil War, and some I take with a grain of salt. I
do highly recommend the late Shelby Foote's three-volume series.

http://tinyurl.com/3a62o7

I'm not a nut about it; it was a long time ago and is no longer a cause. I've
got a Confederate battle flag hanging in my office at home, but I don't drive
around with Confederate regalia on any of my three cars. No point in agitating
folks unnecessarily, even if you are heavily armed.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --