[OM] Re: Making moonshine music

Subject: [OM] Re: Making moonshine music
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:14:59 -0400
I knew a few what made what our sheriff called blockade whiskey back
in the day, but who grew the weed in the present day. And the
helicopter pilot who occasionally flew the county looking for that
very specific particular shade of green flew with the 1st  Cav in
Vietnam.

One of my first assignments as a police reporter was to accompany the
sheriff and a few of his finest on a raid into Polk County to cut
down some weed. I took a bunch of pictures. Blew one of the sheriff
and his chief detective up and put it on the board at the Sheriff's
Department. Had a caption with the sheriff saying "Troy, did you
bring the rolling papers?" The deputies all loved that one. I think
maybe it stayed up fifteen or twenty minutes.