[OM] Re: E-330 users?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 users?
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 13:23:14 -0600
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> I have only noticed one setting in which I might have wished the LV
> white balance was a match for the settings.  It was a sunset and I was
> trying to evaluate whether a straight 5300 setting was superior to
> auto WB.

  Actually, now you mention it, I've been noticing that the E-330 seems
to want to 'warm up' scenes with auto WB -- situation is indoors, in
front of a large window, with flash bounced off a (white) ceiling, and I
need to set WB to manual 4000 to get the camera to produce the same
image that I see. Custom WB on a white sheet of paper gives me the same
result as auto WB, which tells me something, though I'm not sure what --
probably I should just shoot in RAW and use a grey card to see what's
going on there, but I'm lazy.

  I should try the same thing with the E-1 to see what it gets; now I
think about it, I'm curious about what the extra WB sensor will do.

  -- dan