[OM] Oops - SP-550 UZ review at dpreview

Subject: [OM] Oops - SP-550 UZ review at dpreview
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:18:17 -0700
Well, darn, or some such expression.

I haven't finished all the details, but you may want to read it for
yourself <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympussp550uz/>.

dcresource had already posted a review, but he is long on narrative and
short on useful, comparative data/samples.

The answer, for me, is that it's not as bad as it could have been, way
less that what one might think from the hype, closer to the former than
the latter and falls short of what I had hoped for.

I was ready to run out and buy one if the tests came out positive enough
in the areas important to me. Good or bad, I get to save the money.

Maybe the H7/9 will measure up a bit better. Or there is an S4 on the
horizon with a bigger LCD. :-(

I really want to find an Oly digicam that I can buy and enjoy using.
Time to plan trips to waterfalls and other wet places and look at the
770 SW again.....

Moose