[OM] Re: climate issues [was: some other OT things]

Subject: [OM] Re: climate issues [was: some other OT things]
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:02:02 -0700
A  couple of quick points, tree trimmers in our area go nuts looking for
people who will take the wood chips they have made, which will convert
easily into alcohol and what is left is good for certain soil amendments.

And, I have heard several times that there is enough air to keep one alive
in outer space. Now the problem is how do you make the astronaught a
consumer so the corporations can get his suit fulla 100 dollar bills.

Then again, one type of Hemp, apparently completely unsmokable, back in the
day when it was a commodity, was a 'wet fuel' unlike the 'dry' fuels that we
get at the pump which help wear the engines out faster than the wet or
lubricated fuels do. Hemp will grow most anywhere and on depleted soils, it
would be a good choice to help the chemical destroyed farmlands recover, and
it doesn't have to be heavily watered, it'll grow with regular rain.

It just doesn't produce a mega profit like Oil though, anyone with a plot of
land and a way to press the oil out of it might be able to power their basic
vehicles and tools, so I suppose we won't go there until we no longer need
to control the world economy through Oil and water ownership.

Scott