[OM] Auction tip: something for snipers to watch out for

Subject: [OM] Auction tip: something for snipers to watch out for
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:23:03 -0600
  I just had a (too low, in the end) snipe rejected because "the seller
has banned your account from bidding". I would be _amazed_ if the seller
has actually banned my account -- but I _am_ in Canada, and the auction
said "ships to: US". However, in the main body text of the auction, it
said "shipping: to US $8, to rest of the world at cost".

  The sniping tool doesn't read the text of the auction -- so watch out,
or you might unexpectedly miss something. (to be fair to eSnipe, I don't
know what would have happened if I'd tried to bid normally -- possibly
e*ay itself would have stopped me?)

  -- dan