[OM] Re: need a new scanner...

Subject: [OM] Re: need a new scanner...
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:46:16 +0000
* On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 09:33:34AM -0400, Bob Whitmire said:

>  From personal experience, the 2450 (?) is crap with 35mm, much
> better for MF, and sweet at 4x5; the 4990 is much better with 35mm,
> but still not great, but does an excellent job with MF and LF. To get

I have the middle range,  Epson Perfection 4490 Photo and I'm more than
happy with it.  But I'm not really the most demanding of users.   I don't
shoot much film these days, spending most of my time with the K10D, but it
does what I need and does it well.  The 4490's draw back is that it can
only take 12 35mm frames at one time. the 4990 can do 24 I think.

> really nice results with a flatbed, I hear you need to go up to those
> new V-series scanners, which are more expensive.

I've heard this too.  the V700 is a lovely beast.

p.
--
   |\      _,,,---,,_             I am NOT a cynic - I just
   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_      remember last time too well!