[OM] Re: tag line.Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: tag line.Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:01:21 -0400
Actually, if you want to real something really good on that subject,
try Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. I know he said we weren't supposed
to read the stories as allegorical, but just because he said it don't
make it so. A lot of other stuff I've read about Tolkien said he was
not pleased with the state of the industrializing world. This may
have had something to do with his experiences during The Great War,
where, I think, he was the only one of his college group of four who
survived.

--Bob