[OM] Re: [OT] gmail test

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] gmail test
From: russ <russ273@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:33:54 -0500
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Hmm.
>
> Here's what I find (using the web gmail 'client')
>
> (1) When I post a new message, nothing comes back to me, but the Sent
> message is of course in my Sent and All Mail folders/views.  When someone
> comments it, both his and my (full)messages appear in the Inbox, threaded.
>
> (2) When I reply to someone else's message, my input immediately shows in
> the thread.
>
> So for me, it works 'perfectly' if I trust that my messages are getting to
> the list.  If there's no reply, it's true, you are not sure it ever got to
> the list.

It's a "feature" that's unique to gmail. No doubt some programmer spent
days dreaming & coding it up rather than simply placing all received
messages in the inbox.

I sent a request to gmail/google to fix the feature/bug but doubt
anything will happen. I'll wait a bit but will probably stop trying to
use gmail for mailing lists.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)