[OM] The death of film?

Subject: [OM] The death of film?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:56:09 +0000
Today I got back a box of Fujichrome slides I sent off to the Fuji's processing
plant in Arizona, where I?ve sent stuff for years. The slides came back with
this surprising -- at least to me -- notice in the envelope:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:

"Effective July 1, 2006, all E-6 slide mailers will need to be mailed to the
following address for processing:

"VIA US Mail:
Fujicolor Processing
P.O. Box 837
Parsons, KS 67357

"VIA FED EX OR UPS:
Dwayne?s Photo
415 S. 32nd St.
Dept. 837
Parsons, KS 67357"

Shows to go you how long it's been since I've sent anything to Fuji for
processing. At least, it was the last Fuji mailer I had, so I won't have to
change the address on a bunch of them. Is Dwayne?s going to be the last one
standing?

But I also got back today slides from A&I. They seem to still be breathing out
there in Hollyweird. I hope they hang on, 'cause I've got over two dozen E-6
mailers of theirs.

It's all the Leica's fault; it got me off digitial for a while.

Is film getting this close to being dead?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --