[OM] Re: : Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:59:05 +1200
Hi all,

I've probably bored you all to distraction, with the discussion of my computer
adventures. Not as bad as Allen's reposts, tho', I think.

Anyway, I killed off as much as I seem able to of Symantec's interference,
and everything else (non-essential) that starts up on boot. The result is that
( despite a protracted fight with Nortons !!) the file operation speeds are
about
80 % or better of the speed of this 133 KHZ machine. So I can live with that.

I'm relatively at ease about viruses, since my ISP has scanned for them
since about 4 years ago.

Chris said something about having only 20GB for images. Let me observe
that 20GB is heaps better than 20 MB or even 300 MB :-).

Brian