[OM] What I was doing today

Subject: [OM] What I was doing today
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
Today I shot a Church Directory.  Even though I knew it was coming
up, I was pressed for time in getting several things done, like the
purchase of equipment and repairs of stuff and things like that.  The
shooting season comes upon you rather quickly sometimes. When I
started booking these things, I fully expected to have my new camera
by now.

I had originally intended to just shoot in-camea, like I normally do,
but thanks to a recommendation from another pro, I checked into doing
it tethered.  That's what led to my using Studio.  How did it work?

Most excellently! I am absolutely amazed at how well it went.  I
easily eliminated nearly all of the back-end labor that goes into
this kind of project.  Yesterday and last night I spent hours testing
and perfecting the process (my thanks go out to a giant teddy bear
that tirelessly acted as a model).  The family would lend themselves
to the process occasionally too as I tweeked the saturation, wb and
contrast settings.

Two things stand out in my mind right now:
1. My next camera MUST have live-view and tilting, swivelling
screens.
2. Olympus Studio really is an outstanding piece of software. There
are some things it does better than anything else.

AG

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/