[OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:11:12 -0700
I went through 4 versions back when I had a preOSX Mac. I regularly
deleted parts of it that crashed the whole computer. Those same
troublesome apps were never improved regardless of numerous
complaints. It was hard to tell its performance from the viruses it
was supposed to protect against. The last time I upgraded I
specifically called them to ask whether it was compatible with the
latest version of the MacOS. When it did not work I called again and
essentially they said it was compatible because it did not trash the
computer. Apparently having it work was not part of the equation. Bad
software. Bad company. What was even more galling was their habit of
buying up competitors that worked well just to kill them. Not even
capable of integrating the good stuff they had bought into their
software. It has to be a Mafia money laundering operation.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA