[OM] Re: Lies, damned lies, and statisticss

Subject: [OM] Re: Lies, damned lies, and statisticss
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:32:29 -0700
> From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
>
> Maybe. It's beem attributed to a lot of different people...

Woa, and you call yourself the "list pedant?"

I never claimed Disraeli *originated* the phrase, just that Twain
*borrowed* it from Disraeli, to which your reference lends credence:

"Twain ascribed the saying to Disraeli in "Chapters from My
Autobiography," published in the North American Review, No. DCXVIII.,
July 5, 1907."

So I would say "certainly" rather than "maybe."

I won't ask you to surrender your pedantry license... YET! :-)

:::: We have squandered our planet's resources, including air and
water, as though there were no tomorrow, so now there isn't going to
be one. -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::