[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:33:32 -0700
I didn't quite understand what you did with the 2 x converter, I did follow
the jar lid and the 7 mm lens. It might be handy to have something like that
for the occasional small item, but I think at 7 mm.... that might be smaller
than anything I need to shoot, though I want to see the composition of those
grains of pollen, now that I think of it. Where I am at, the Coastal
redwoods and Douglas Firs are huge, and everything else is tiny trying to
get what little sunshine gets past the forest giants. That little 'cricket'
in the moss was a real find, we cold hardly see it by eye.

Pixels per metric is a good measuring device, I was introduced to it by my
other camera buddy, the one that claims I am a very expensive friend (he's
now bought  TWO Olys when he was going to get one cheaper Canon, just
keeping up with what I am doing and of course, since he has time and a bit
better equipment is producing better pics than myself. I'll have to get a
day to spend with him when I have a macro lens.

Thanks for your comments too.

Do you have a pic of the composition of Ice or frost yet? Here is a project
to while away the last of winter, get two that look the same..... but have
fun doing it!

Scott