[OM] Re: OT Feudal hierarchy: was French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Feudal hierarchy: was French Empires
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:52:38 +1100
Foul wight, my drawbridge is raised and sealed.
Scream and yell all you can, I'll never yield.
Your tawdry small rabble can vent their ire
As I stretch in comfort before my great fire.

The great stones of my hall were selected
To hold out the hordes of serfs demented,
So break shovels and hoes on the ancient oak
Of my gates, until in the moat you soak.

A note from the Queen? You petulant scum!
You may as well have a note from your mum!
Not one of the lords will long recognise
Female succession, it's simply not wise.

Thus she's had her day and though it's well thatched
Her head will not stay much longer attached
To the rest, like that hand that I never kissed.
'tis her son who will be with our crown soon blessed.

I'd rather roll round with the shit-slathered swine
Than deal once again with ill-mannered villein
Or treacherous serf. And my daughter, fow Kate?
A tiresome shrew, she'll seal your grim fate.

She's coming down now, from the battlement's edge
With some gallons of oil, as hot as my pledge
To grind you foul turds 'neath the heel of my boot.
The owl's cried your name with a withering hoot.

In a gibbet I'll display your decaying remains,
But your head on a spear at edge of desmense.
The new king is invited, he's a bit of a beast
And will roger the virgins at midsummer's feast.

Andrew Fildes