[OM] Re: (OM) Vuescan and XP

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Vuescan and XP
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 03:46:36 -0700
Brian Swale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tonight I downloaded the latest version of Vuescan for the XP machine.
>
> XP refused to let it install.
Refused in what way? Error messages?
> There was another problem with vuescan about
> scanner drivers, but that was overcome when I altered my response. I didn't
> let the machine send a report to M/S.
>
> Have any on this list had this kind of problem with Vuescan and XP?

No, they are entirely compatible, in my several years of use of both
together. VueScan is one of the smallest footprint, lowest trouble
pieces of serious software I know of.
> OM content.
>
> AFAIK, there is at least one area of photography where film and analogue
> Zuiko lenses have it all over digital shots.

Over-generalization. Be specific and you can be accurate. "... have it
all over 4/3 system digital shots.", for example.
> When you really want to use a shallow DOF. A strength in many cases of
> digital is the great depth of field, but if you don't want that ... ... ...
This does not apply, of course, for the full frame digital sensors. My
primary DSLR has a 24x36 mm sensor, and the same DOF behavior as an OM.
Several others here ae in the same situation. It is not digital vs.
analogue, it is a matter of film/sensor size.

Moose