[OM] Re: Mac Haters Ignore This [Was Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Mac Haters Ignore This [Was Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:13:00 +1100
The model involved (2nd version) was an 800MHz or 1GHz clock speed -
but on a 1.33MHz bus. That's why you could do it.
http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/eMac/eMac-upgrade.html
Repeat, there appears to be no difference whatsoever between the
boards and a 1.33 board apart from resistor positions. Some people
clocked it up to 1.4 and it went twitchy but at 1.33, no problem.
Some amusing comments too about the ability of chips to cope with heat.
That really looks like a marketing conspiracy to me.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx