[OM] Re: X-Windows was: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: X-Windows was: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:02:04 -0700
> From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> For mac users install virtue desktop...

Ha, wait until you try Leopard! Spaces is virtual desktop DONE RIGHT!

It's like the designers were reading my mind. I try to do stuff, and
It Just Works(TM). It manages to do this without the ten gazillion
preferences that You Desktops has.

> and if you don't like the mouse
> install quicksilver...

Quicksilver is the FIRST thing I install when firing up a new system.
I reflexively twitch "Control-Space" when using other people's Macs.

> ... if I have my
> selfish hat on I would much prefer it if my ageing mother and  other
> members of my family had macs.

Long ago, I told my family that if they wanted my help, they had to
have Macs. I have one brother and one sister who bitch about their
computers all the time... and all the rest of the family use Macs.

So, to paraphrase Gordon Gecko, "Selfishness is good." Sometimes.

:::: We in America today are nearer to the final triumph over poverty
than ever before in the history of any land. -- Herbert Hoover, 1928
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>