[OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center

Subject: [OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:43:11 -0500
On 3/11/07, Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On a related note - have you ever seen any info as to the
> relationship between the focusing area shown by the rectangle/square
> in the viewfinder as compared to the actual area covered by the
> focusing sensors?  I've read that on some Canon bodies the focusing
> sensor covers a larger area than the indicator in the view finder
> which, of course, could lead to unexpected results.

I never thought about it and in fact haven't a clue as to how it
works, since you can move the green box almost anywhere on the screen.
 That's a neat trick brought over from the digicams (my son's C-5060
and my C-8080 have it).  It would have to involve all three sensor
points within their ranges, I suppose.  Makes you wonder if their
might be crossover/transition areas that could explain your
experience.

Incidentally, I was taking a photo of the moon early this morning with
my 300/4.5 and Oly 2X TC, so that would be effectively =1200mm.  At
that magnification I could easily watch the movement of the earth as
the moon pretty quickly moved across the 10x frame.  Nice party trick.

Joel W.