[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:55:14 -0400
The April, 2007 issue of Popular Science has a brief article about an
Adobe-built DSLR lens which has 19 small lenses adjacent to each other.
  The lenses are round but if you imagine a floor with hexagonal tiles
you can picture about what the front element looks like.  The individual
lenses are all fixed focus but each of them is focused at a different
distance and each of them makes a separate image on the sensor.

I thought the lens was the news but apparently Adobe only had it built
to show off PhotoShop's ability to layer images at different focus
settings and paint in the depth of field of your preference.

There is also speculation about similar optical arrangments being used
in the future to make full use of the predicted 300 MP sensors.

I did a brief check on Adobe's web site for this thing but couldn't find it.

Chuck Norcutt