[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:07:37 -0800
> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>

[big clip]

> I can at least admit I am
> terrified this is being done in my name.

That's why I left. I'd been a legal tax resister since the Iraq
invasion (it's easy to pay no taxes when you're a professional
artist :-) and the savings were getting low, so I opted to move to a
place where the taxes went more to things I approve of.

Now, I only have to start making money again, which I must admit is
easier in a country that simply prints money and sends it to China
and the Middle East to placate the populace with cheap gas, food, and
plastic crap. I guess I prefer paying down the national debt with a
budget surplus, and putting up with prices of goods and services that
better reflect their true value.

The following came up totally at random. Or perhaps just
synchronicity with Scott's post. Sorry in advance for it's length.

:::: I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims, did not
have weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your
claims, that Iraq had no connection to Al Qaeda. I told the world,
contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity
on 9/11, 2001. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that the
Iraqi people would resist a British and American invasion of their
country and that the fall of Baghdad would not be the beginning of
the end but merely the end of the beginning. Senator [Norm Coleman, R-
MN], in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and
you turned out to be wrong, and 100,000 people paid with their lives;
1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of
lies; 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever on a pack
of lies. -- George Galloway, UK Member of Parliament ::::

:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::