[OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet

Subject: [OM] Re: Quiet, quiet, quiet
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:00:58 -0800
My experience with a Yashicamat was that subjectively it was very
quiet. I would think it was quieter than my OM-1 or OM4T, but of
course I did not have them at the same time. My Mamiya with leaf
shutter is so quiet that it is difficult to hear for the photographer
in town. There is another leaf shutter camera, the Minolta HiMatic
7SII in the list further down that is much quieter. It is another
Japanese camera and likely to have an identical shutter design and a
similar sound level. Even if the design is different the idea that
there would be a huge difference of the sound level with the leaf
shutter in the Yashicamat strongly raises my skepticism. Makes for a
good story for a magazine though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA