[OM] Re: Baned for Life

Subject: [OM] Re: Baned for Life
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:58:58 -0800
Allen Coltrin wrote:
> Well goody for you! Does this mean I have to sit at the kids table? How
> clever we are. Did you feel superior in denegrating what I may have said was
> a waste if time and of no value?

AW, c'mon Allen. If you throw a tantrum, where do you think you should
sit? And that's what you are doing here, throwing a tantrum.

The post to which Mike refers contains a great deal of material
extraneous to what you were saying. In fact, you said "I do trime my
posts. I'm not perfect. But I do the best I can!" - followed by a lot of
untrimmed waste.

Mike was not "denegrating what I may have said", he was objecting to
what you actually did - in the post to which he replied. Please
understand, Mike is on a slow, dial-up connection in a place where high
speed isn't available. His complaint is neither a thoughtless
application of rules nor an aesthetic complaint. Untrimmed posts
actually are significantly inconvenient for him - and for others, some
of whom, like Robert Lewis, have already politely asked you to trim your
posts and others who are likely suffering in polite silence.

To save folks like Mike more pain, and make the difference clear, I have
put side by side on the web the post to which Mike replied as he
received it and a version trimmed to retain full meaningful content
without dross <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/TrimPost.htm>.

Did you read the thread "What the function of this button on the P1"? A
question was asked, some answers were on point, others were based on a
misunderstanding of the question and there was a small sub-thread in a
humorous vein. The misunderstanding was ironed out, everyone was civil,
an apology or two were offered, even though not really needed. The
question was answered and everybody went away unhurt. That's the way it
has been going here for many years, with the same folks. The only thing
different in the threads that seem to cause you pain is you. As a matter
of simple logic, you might consider that you may be contributing to the
very thing you are blaming on others.

> Allen
>
> "Well, I clipped the above one sentence quote out of about a full screen
> of garbage text. Why any of it was there at I have no idea. It added
> nothing to the discussion. How about just don't quote anything.

That just makes it worse for the rest of us, Mike, since we have no idea
what the post is in reply to.

Moose