[OM] Re: lunar eclipse

Subject: [OM] Re: lunar eclipse
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:39:00 -0800
Mike Lees wrote:
> ........ I had enough
> trouble learning that my geared tripod head points upwards a maximum of
> 30 deg which was not even nearly enough. Fortunately my tripod allows
> the centre column to be mounted horizontally, which then let me point
> the lens as far upwards as I liked.

The Manfrotto heavy three way head (4047?) on my heavy duty tripod also
won't go high enough. I just reverse the camera on the head, easy with
the type of QR plate it uses. Then it thinks it's pointing down and goes
way up.

The controls are then on the "wrong" side, but it only takes me a moment
to adjust to that.

Moose