[OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:07:55 -0500
There is no Adaptall mount to fit any 4/3 mount camera.  All Adaptall
mounts fit only manual focus camera mounts last produced in the
mid-80's.  If you already own an Adaptall mount to fit Olympus OM then
you also need an OM->4/3 adapter for it to fit an E-330.

The Tamron TC does not need a special adapter for the TC itself since
the adapter that is used is the same adapter that would normally be used
on the lens that you want to use with the TC.  You remove the Adaptall
mount from the Adaptall lens, attach the TC to the back of the Adaptall
lens using the Adaptall coupling and then re-attach the Adaptall camera
specific mount to the TC so that the assembly can be mounted on a
specific camera brand mount.

There are many types of Adaptall mounts... one for each unique camera
brand/mount.  There is only one type of TC mounting.  The mounting
points on the TC are Adaptall couplings at both ends.  They are not
camera mount couplings.

Adaptall Lens -> Adaptall mount for OM -> OM to 4/3 adapter -> E-330

In the diagram above an Adaptall TC would be inserted between the
Adaptall Lens and the Adaptall mount.  A conventional TC would instead
be inserted between the Adaptall mount and the OM to 4/3 adapter.
The conventional TC would require a camera specific mount built into it,
the Adaptall does not.

Chuck Norcutt