[OM] Re: Long Lenses, Teleconverters, etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: Long Lenses, Teleconverters, etc.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 09:13:19 -0500
Looks to me like the Zuiko 300 has it over the Tamron 300 but not by
very much.  They are very close.  So close that two different samples
might easily reverse the outcome.  The Tamron 500 mirror is definitely
better than the Zuiko 300 + 2X-A.  That one's not so close.  Minor
differences in focus should not be a concern since DOF at that distance
and configuration is about 6 meters.  And you can be sure that the
subject is not waving in the breeze.  :-)

I didn't pay much attention to the rest since there's nothing else very
comparable.

Chuck Norcutt