[OM] Re: Rejoinder to vacuum cleaner thead of a few days ago

Subject: [OM] Re: Rejoinder to vacuum cleaner thead of a few days ago
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:01:47 -0800

I know too in household vacuum use that when dust clings to
something, especially a vertical surface,  that you have to use
something to dislodge it like a brush attachment before it is picked
up or put the hose right on it which does not do as good a job. You
really do not want to touch a mirror or sensor with the end of the
miniature vacuum  tube so that you do not damage them. There is the
additional problem of build up of electrostatic charge on the
incoming dust by all the whirling dry air.

It seems to me the electrostatically charged brush is the most
reasonable approach if a low pressure blow from a clean, no residue
CO2 source does not work and wet cleaning if there are glued on bits.
We all like plug-in gadgets to make our lives easier, but sometimes
simple things just work better.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA