[OM] Re: Disk Drive storage for your pics is unreliable!

Subject: [OM] Re: Disk Drive storage for your pics is unreliable!
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:18:42 -0700
I am still using an IBM disk which I purchased in FEb. 1999, been on 24/7
more or less and still going strong.  But I have had many newer disks
failing, just yesterday a 250GB drive died and that is the third 250GB unit
failing within a year (two WD, one Seagate).  I also have two 70 GB WD which
are probably about 4 y old, they have never given my any problems, same is
true for 3 Ultra SCSI we have, they seem immortal.  We have about 2.5 TB of
diskspace in our server and we keep double copies there of everithing and
the third copy of critical files at my office.