[OM] Re: astropotography

Subject: [OM] Re: astropotography
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:03:14 -0500
At Christmas time (and usually only then) you should be able to go to
your local Wally-Mart and for about $125 buy a Meade 4-1/2" f/10
Newtonian reflector with motor driven, computer controlled, altazimuth
or maybe even an equatorial tracking mount.

Mount your camera on this and track via the scope itself.  These things
always come with chintzy Ramsden or other simple design microscope size
eyepieces (.097" diameter if I remember correctly).  However, the one I
bought also has provision for a larger, 1-1/4" standard size telescope
eyepiece.  A phone call to Meade got me the appropriate focusing adapter
free of charge.  Scope performs very well with a good eyepiece.

Chuck Norcutt