[OM] Re: OT, mostly to Andrew

Subject: [OM] Re: OT, mostly to Andrew
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:40:57 +1030
Hi Walt,

Nah, that's a fairly broad pommy accent right down the line... ;)

Normally singing tends to temper this sort of thing! even a broad Scots
is tamed...  Of course there are exceptions (like the Proclaimers!)

What I do find weird is that the current crop of popular Country artists
from down here sound more like Tennessee denizens than Elvis did! an
Aussie accent was good enough for Slim Dusty :(

And speaking of Australian music, one of our older 'leading lights',
Billy Thorpe, died yesterday... it is said that he played to larger
crowds than the Beatles in the same era.

davidt