[OM] Re: Haven't posted any pics for a while so here's a couple

Subject: [OM] Re: Haven't posted any pics for a while so here's a couple
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 06:04:27 +1300
Ian wrote

> Sorry no idea what the trees are
>
> I have apertured the shots - so it now looks like what I saw.
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/132699906-L.jpg
 (snip)
> and a tomato imprisoned - well it looks like a tomato E1 14-54
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/132699368-M.jpg
>
> enjoy - I hope
>
> IanW
 If you can post a picture or two of the cones of the trees I should be able to
tell for sure. Actually, if the shots were taken in your Swiss winter they are
almost certainly not larch which would be leafless by then.

The "tomato" looks similar to what we call Cape Gooseberry - Physalis
peruviana. A relative of the potato and tomato, and which has a quite strong
and delicious taste.  I have a scan I took for the OM Odyssey but which
didn't make the final cut. Cape Gooseberry is another import to New Zealand.

Brian.