[OM] Re: B&W Monster

Subject: [OM] Re: B&W Monster
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:34:58 -0800 (PST)
Dave wrote:
> Nice shot. I see that you're a 35/shift user.

Thank you. Yes, I use a loaner from a fellow list member.  Oh, wait a
second.  I'm wondering if I even had the 35/shift at that time!
Yikes!  Well, the shot was taken with either a 24mm or 35mm lens and
possibly the 35/shift if I had it with me that trip.

> I've been keeping an eye out for a 24 shift, but they're a bit
> rare these days. So, I've been thinking of a  35. Do you find
> enough opportunity for it? I've love the 24/2.8 field  of
> view, so I'm a bit uncertain...

Yeah, the Cannonites all swept through here last year and sucked the
supply dry.  The 24/shift is a huge lens with a big, nasty looking
front lens element.  The 35/shift is very compact in comparison and
takes the normal 49mm filters  I very much enjoy using shift lenses.
If I did a lot of interior work, the 24/shift would be nice, but in
reality, the 35/shift is probably the more practical and usable lens.
 However, Joel won't let me even look at his 24/shift...

> And, what's up with this somewhat cryptic "the house"?

http://www.image66media.com/page17.html

First picture.

AG