[OM] Re: Simple fix for 135mm f3.5 with gimpy lens release spring?

Subject: [OM] Re: Simple fix for 135mm f3.5 with gimpy lens release spring?
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:57:37 +0100
Bill Barber wrote:

-----

>Any words of wisdom about the taking apart and reattaching the spring
for

>the lens release on the 135mm f3.5. Seems like it is a common problem
and I

>don't recall the fix. Bill Barber

------

I'm only on the digest, so this might be answered allready.

I believe these springs are not really spings but only a little strip of
metall that keeps the lens release button in place. If it is broken, I
know no way to repair it. It could also be bent out of place though and
that is easy to fix. Just remove the 3 screws from the lens mount and
lift the lens mount. Then you will see what is wrong.

Hope this helps.