[OM] Re: OT Probably controversial

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Probably controversial
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:41:42 -0800
>>> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> On 27/02/2007, at 6:51 AM, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>>
>>> and climate science is never
>>> going to be as certain as gravity.
>
> You know how gravity works? Wow.

Yup. Got a Higg's Boson in my pocket as we speak.

Consider that climate change is as certain as gravity. We may not
know what causes either one, but we can measure both and agree they
exist.

The controversy is only what should we do about it? I think we should
start doing something about gravity post-haste.

My theory is that snack food causes gravity. It certainly has
increased the size of that boson in my pocket, as evidenced by the
washroom scale. So, get rid of snack food, and people won't die from
airplane crashes and you'll never hurt your foot by dropping a hammer
on it again. Think of the economic advantages! We should start
working on it immediately.

:::: This phase we're in of exponential growth is about over. We now
have an exponential growth culture that at the present time doesn't
even know how to cope with a state of non-growth. -- M. King Hubbert,
1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::