[OM] Re: France

Subject: [OM] Re: France
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:34:53 -0600
Can't peat this:

<http://www.inti.be/ecotopie/torchis.html>

Been around my fair share of those walls - and earth floors too - in Normandy.
Some say the technique predates the Celts, all the way to the Neolithic.

Now, for the gory stuff - my grandparents had a nice cabinet from Indonesia,
made by Chinese craftspeople.* The wood was a beautiful red. I learned later
that dead pigs were part of the recipe. And now, on to the Red Violin (with
obligato visual allusion to Man Ray in the poster)...

<http://imdb.com/title/tt0120802/>

Ðý^b - Phil

* For the French speakers among you: when my grandfather was posted to the
Dutch Indies, in 1947 I think, the capital was called Batavia. His last name
was Salade.

On 12:10, Andrew Fildes wrote:

>No, you treat a beaten earth floor with blood - usually cow. Do it
>right and you get a hard, polished and shiny finish.
>Just like like you render adobe with a mix of mud and cowshit.
>Now, how the hell do I know that.
>Hmmm.
>Andrew Fildes

==