[OM] OT More Leica news

Subject: [OM] OT More Leica news
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:44:17 +0000
I just discovered that the rewind thingy on the Leica doesn't turn like on an
Oly when you advance the film, just does when you pull up the lever, because it
disengages. Some of that fancy German engineering, I guess. Scared me for a
moment when it didn't turn when I looked while winding after my second or third
shot today, but then the brain kicked in and I pulled up the lever, and it went
'round on the next advance.

And the motor drive, which was graded by KEH as EX, has arrived. Looks
brand-new to me; still in the box with all the packing, a pair of new Coppertop
123 lithium batteries, and even the manual, which I didn't expect. I guess I
jumped the gun when I ordered one from CraigCamera last night. And the SF20
flash, which they rated EX+, looks brand new too.

My next post will be on topic, I promise. No more Leica news.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --