[OM] Re: [OT] Health Care

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Health Care
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:17:12 -0800
> From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> In the USA you can schedule an MRI in three days.
> How long does it take in a country with universal health care?

My wife fell and hit her head and had an MRI within hours.

She's "waiting" a week for another MRI for something non-life-
threatening.

That's called "triage."

That's the problem with boiling things down to averages. I could be
stupid and claim that your statement means that you have to
"schedule" your emergencies three days in advance, or you can't get
an MRI. But I won't. Perhaps others can engage the brain a bit before
hitting the keyboard, as well.

Both countries have good health care systems. The difference is
access: the health care system is practically accessible only to the
top 80% of income in the US, but is universally available in Canada.
Some claim that's okay.

:::: Never argue with an idiot: a bystander can't tell the
difference. -- Mark Twain ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::