[OM] Re: {OM] OT Cussing here

Subject: [OM] Re: {OM] OT Cussing here
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:02:18 +0000
On 24/02/07, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Geez, have I used a bunch of bad words in the last half hour. That's how long
> it took to get a Tamrac strap on the Leica. The strap lugs are so big that
> it's almost impossible to get the rings sprung open enough to twist on. I
> ended up using a screwdriver. But it's on now. I prefer the Tamrac straps
> because they have quick-release thingies. I hate having a camera on a tripod
> with the strap flapping around in the wind.

Probably not the done thing with a Leica, but could I suggest using a
small spring-shut Karabiner to join the strap to the rings on the
camera?  If you're worried about the metal Karabiner scraping the
camera body, you could always slip a short length of old bicycle inner
tube over it.  It's not precision German engineering, but it works.