[OM] Re: Old man's beard

Subject: [OM] Re: Old man's beard
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:07:52 +1100
Only if you're feeling generous you devious old sod.
A friend in the States once sent me a package with a declared value
of $250 as a unexpected,unsolicited gift - which it was. By FedEx. If
they'd sent it by mail, no duty. FedEx arranged for me to pay $25
duty on it and charged me $50 brokerage - I was not impressed to say
the least.
"Hi, this is FedEx. We have a package here for you and you owe us $75."
At first I thought it was a scam - until they told me the origin.
Pay up or they send it back and charge the sender for return.
Thieves.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx