[OM] Re: OT Me, KEH, and waiting on the Leica stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Me, KEH, and waiting on the Leica stuff
From: r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:00:01 -0500
Walt:

"Pending" probably means that UPS is delaying the delivery of your package. If
the package was sent by normal UPS ground delivery (3-day), UPS will deliver on
the third day even if it arrives at the UPS distribution point in time for an
earlier delivery. I have received packages which tracking indicated were in
Louisville earlier that were held until the third day for delivery.

I live in Louisville, Kentucky which hosts the major air terminal for UPS. I
have ordered items which landed here, were sent to Lexington for sorting,
trucked back to Louisville a day later and still delayed until the third day.
It makes sense to have a central sorting facility, but it makes one wonder why
they did not put the sorting facility in the same city as the airport facility.
I suppose it had to do with which city offered the most incentives. I suppose
fuel costs were not that big a concern.

Robert