[OM] Re: Good photography guides

Subject: [OM] Re: Good photography guides
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:55:27 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Rodti

> Does the list have a favourite/recommended guide to the principles of SLR
> photography?
An online resource would be preferable.  Prior to the purchase of my SLR I
_thought_ I
had a lot of things worked out, but now I'm too scared to use anything but
'Auto' mode on
my E500!  Can't hurt too much to start again from scratch.

Have you found the E500 manual in PDF format on the enclosed CD in
your camera box ?

I would suggest printing out maybe Page 17 to 138. The thing I
realy hate about being provided with an electronic version
manual, is you cant read it on the can easily.

I would also suggest that you pick a mode your use to, then
pick out subjects to photograph that would suit the other
modes so you can get a rough idea of which ones you
need, and which ones you dont. I cant believe that people
can actually remember all those different modes, combos,
and controls.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/