[OM] Re: OM peripheral - Canoscan

Subject: [OM] Re: OM peripheral - Canoscan
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:08:03 +0000
Brian

That was my thought when you wrote about the software that have
installed with the Canoscan.  Although some on the List use the
Minolta software that comes with the Minolta scanners, I find it
pretty useless.  And I seem to remember the Canon software being
quite obscure in its interface.

Vuescan comes from the hand of Ed Hamrick and can be found at
www.hamrick.com.  The download is 4.5Mb, so it should not be too hard
on your internet connection.  If you read the instructions that come
with the software you should find it a reasonable experience learning
how to use it.  It will then work for each scanning device that you
use henceforth ...

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker